Behind Closed Doors

I know many of you follow me on Twitter and see a few of my updates on Facebook, but I try to keep my personal life, personal. But, I think this might have been the longest I've gone without blogging about whats going on in my life. So... here's an update!

As many know, I'm graduating with my masters degree in Human Relations this December. I am SO excited to finally complete my education from OU and be able to follow my dreams and make a difference in the world. Currently, I'm in the process of completing my Comps Exam to wrap up my masters degree, as a whole. Luckily, since I have awful test anxiety, the exam is actually a research paper, which will be completed by the third week of this month. I cannot wait until this exam is submitted and off my plate! But, until then, I'm looking forward to attending "Graduation Gear-Up" this week to receive my packet for cap, gown, tassel, masters hood and announcements! {Who wants one???}

Similar to what happened before I graduated with my bachelors, I can't quite envision where I'll be or what I'll be doing after this Christmas. This, for me, is a bit frightening. I've always been a big planner, thanks to my mother, and have been able to see where my life was going as the seasons were approaching. Not in this case.

In my free time, I've come across a ton of different quotes on Pinterest that's been an encouragement through all of this, such as: 
I have a great interest in starting my next chapter away from Norman. I do have a specific location in mind that I am highly interested in for this "big life change," but I've run into quite the road blocks that I've been trying to overcome this past month and a half. 
This is a bit difficult because there is so much behind closed doors that I won't be able to see until months ahead. Of course, for this instance, I found even more quotes to help keep my negative thoughts to a minimum:
So, for now, I'm forcing myself to focus on what's in front of me and what I have in the upcoming weeks to really live in the moment, because I'm not to the next chapter yet. I've realized a lot lately that things do happen for a reason and what's happened in the past is helping me prepare for the unknown in my future and I'm incredibly thankful. 
More updates to come in the near future!
Love.

Comments

Popular Posts