Bells Ringing and Babies Singing!

It's been quite a while since I've blogged about what's been going on this summer! It's sure been a busy one, but exciting for so many of my friends!


Memorial Weekend!
As many do, for the long weekend, my family travels to Lake Texhoma to celebrate Memorial Day with lots of time on the boat, relaxing and getting into adventures! I had a great time spending time with them and my great friend, Logan!
I've said it several times and out of all my travels, Oklahoma has the most gorgeous sunsets!
Babies!
 My good friends, Missy and Tyler, are expecting a little boy, Jake, in just a couple weeks! I drove up to Enid, OK and hosted Missy's baby shower for the Oklahoma folks and was great fun!
Missy with her cute baby bump and Jake's new stroller!

My baby nephew, Cooper, celebrated his 7th birthday last month! I can't believe he's growing up SO fast! I guess he's not so much of a baby anymore! I was really excited I was in town this year to see him rip through his presents!
This picture makes me laugh... He's getting some pre-icing before his candles are even lit. Little rascal!

One of my best friends, Monica, had her precious little boy, Carson, just a few minutes after Father's Day, June 11 after a long day of labor. He is one cute little guy!!! I'm so happy for Monica and Craig. They are going to be wonderful parents!
He's so tiny!! It had been forever since I've held a newborn!

I was so proud of the Oklahoma City Thunder as they made it to the NBA Finals against the Miami Heat. I cheered them on every game, but the Heat carried the wins after the second game :/ We are very proud of the team making it so far just after being a team in Oklahoma for just four years! Pretty impressive, but there's always next year! Go Thunder!
KD!

Weddings!
So many of some friends I grew up with in high school and college have been tying the knot this summer! 
I drove up to Tulsa for my good friend, Kasey's wedding shower! I'm honored to be one of her bridesmaids and it was a great time meeting the other girls who would be sharing the special day with her and Jonathan. August will be here before you know it! I can't wait to see her walk down the isle :)
Kasey!
Me and the bride-to-be!

I can't believe it's already been a year since I was in Africa. I was fortunate enough to not only experience the journey with 11 others, which we all saw the best and worst moments of each other, but we developed a friendship to last a lifetime. 
I was so lucky to see one of them walk down the isle this past weekend and marry the man of her dreams :) Katie looked absolutely stunning in her white dress and the look on Dan's face as she walked towards him was priceless. I wish them the happiest life as they make their way to Denver together!

On that note, it has been over a year since I returned from Africa. Still, to this day, rarely is there a day that passes by and I don't think about my experience in Africa. I think most of my travel buddies from the trip can agree that we hope to visit Ghana again. We fell in love with a country that is striving to be wonderful, yet surrounded with destruction. We all saw so many reasons wanting to make our way back in the near future and I hope mine will be sooner than later.
Love.

Comments

Popular Posts