Ghana & Togo, Africa!

(Images Received from Google Images)
Image above of a location in Ghana


 (Map of Togo)
 (Beach in Togo)

For the past week, I have been anxiously waiting for my previous capstone professor to e-mail me back with a recommendation letter for my study abroad application. The application is submitted online, so I had completed everything else as part of the application process, since they could see what I had done. Last night, I received an e-mail from my professor notifying me that she had spoken to the study abroad faculty that she would be providing them with a recommendation letter herself and that I will be accepted for the program. This program is a newer program at The University of Oklahoma, which last semester, my capstone group developed a campaign called "Expedition to Africa."

Because my brother and sister-in-law are in the process of adopting a child and someday one other from Ethiopia, Africa, choosing our client at the beginning of last fall was an easy choice for my interest in learning more about the culture and continent.

Graduation arrived and was celebrated, then what's next?? I knew for the short-term part of my life I was going to grad school, so I started thinking of all my options. I quickly realized the opportunity that had been in front of me since this past September and it was something I wanted to take advantage of and the chance to experience for myself. At first, I wasn't sure if it was even a possibility for my masters degree, so it was time to contact the individuals and begin the process.

I am ecstatic about this opportunity! From asking others about their experience to their particular location they chose to study abroad, I have heard many comments of how life-changing and how much they discover about themselves while they are away from the norms. 

That's all for now :) Once I receive more information about the exciting adventure, I will make another post! The weather is 76 degree on a late January day and the outdoors is calling my name, but I can't leave you hanging without another song to enjoy!

Love.
 

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I'm so excited that you're getting to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I cannot wait! I've been able to do some research about each country...pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts