The Journey

Looking back at my life journey since I have been in college, it has been fun, but if I could go back and redo some things I would. If I could go back and change one main thing, it would be building my relationship more with God and being around those like-wise. I wish I would have attended church more, read The Bible on a regular basis instead of when I had fallen rock bottom when Mike and I broke up. I wish I had gone on more church mission trips and done more community volunteer work at a local food bank or Food and Shelter for Friends, etc. And I wish I was a little wiser and not made some decisions that I had made along the way.

But, as many Christians realize, our God is a forgiving God and this time around, I'm going to try my best to do all the things I've wanted to do for other, myself and Him.
Matthew 8:13
Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour.

This semester has been quite an interesting one, but in an awesome way. My capstone group has been working with OU's International & Area Studies to develop an opportunity to study abroad in Africa. There were three other choices I could have chosen from, but because of my family's tie with Africa (as of this year) there was no other choice that I would have rather chosen. But, I think it has given me the opportunity to learn more about other people's perceptions towards Africa and being a good person in society and being more aware of other nationalities. (I know I kind of went off on another path with this blog)

But going back to my original topic...I have been trying to have more self control in the decisions I make every day and trying to surround myself with people who are encouraging and have similar values in life. I'm doing pretty well so far and I'm planning to continue what I have going on :)

Love.

Comments

Popular Posts