Keep Exploring

"we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment." 
- Hilaire Belloc
In just over a week, I'll be boarding my flight for another adventure. It's been 7 years since the last time I wandered around and about Austin, Texas, but the short, two-day trip only left a haze of memories from the city. 

It's been a really rough winter here in the "great" state of Oklahoma, which has made my cabin fever even worse as I slowly wait 2.5 months to travel again. Luckily, I'm arriving just a few days before the end of SXSW! I'm hoping to catch a few concerts at various venues around the city, meet up with another friend and some others who are venturing down during my week of exploring.

I'm so thankful to have made such amazing friends during my summer study abroad to Africa almost 3 years ago. I'm so excited to be staying with one of them while I'm in Austin! We share so many memories and I can't wait to catch up and make more!
Unfortunately, since I had to cancel my medical mission trip to Haiti, I decided to spend the remainder of my spring break in Las Colonias, (South) Texas on my church's high school mission trip. I'm actually looking forward to my time spent helping the construction youth teams with their projects and assisting with the logistical things. I know it will be an eye-opening and great week for the youth and young adult teams. I'm glad I'm able to join them :)
"the impulse to travel is one of the hopeful symptoms of life." 
- Agnes Repplier
Love. Travel.

Comments

Popular Posts