Float on, Float On

SUMMER IS {finally} HERE!!!!

After dodging weeks of terrifying tornados, damaging winds {especially to my roof and front yard tree}, hail and rain, Oklahoma is finally receiving the beautiful, warm summer weather. I was so happy to see this week's forecast with zero chances of rain, although, in a month, I might not feel the same way.

After receiving quite a few repetitive questions about my living location, I guess it is time to explain where life is taking me!
I've read a Pinterest quote that has been easy to relate to this past year and I've found myself rereading it quite often as a reminder..."The older I get, the surer I am that I'm not running the show."

You have dreams and expectations for yourself, which is always good, but as each season flies by, the wishful plans I had less than a year ago have changed a bit. And that's what I call life and my attempts to control it.

So, back to those FAQs.
I am still living and working in good ol' Norman, Oklahoma. 
Some of you remember my goal to be living and working in beautiful Grenada by the time I graduated with my master's degree. During my last visit, I met with a few faculty and staff of SGU {St. George's University} where I had been attempting to find a position. It was great meeting and networking with such a diverse group of people from all around the world and share my interest and love for the island. Needless to say, my time for employment there was not going to be anytime soon, if at all. Fortunately, I had already prepared myself and had the feeling of the unavailable vacancies, even after the term was over, so it wasn't a big letdown. 

I do have exciting news to announce... {be checking for another upcoming blog post soon!... And no, I'm not pregnant or have a ring... Still just as exciting!}

Just like the song... "and we'll all float on alright... even if thing's gettin' heavy, we'll all float on alright..." I won't be attempting to plan what's ahead of me or trying to relocate, but to enjoy what I have right in front of me. 

Love.

Comments

Popular Posts