GRADUATION!!! Third Edition

Third Edition, you ask?? Counting high school, bachelor's degree and now master's degree, this will be my third and most likely final graduation I will have my family and friends sit through! {THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!... in advance!}

This Friday, at 6:30 p.m. at the Lloyd Noble Center, I will be walking in the College of Arts and Sciences for a Masters in Human Relations from the University of Oklahoma! After 20 years straight of school, I am DONE! I cannot wait.

I finished my take-home final for my last class, Gangs, Violence and Drugs last night then went to the gym for a bit. Once I was pulling out of my parking spot, I'm not sure what sparked it, but I just felt an overwhelming relief and the realization that I will never have to write a paper and turn it in for hopes of an 'A' again! I'll get to actually read a book, watch a movie, hang out with friends and family without feeling a tad bit guilty that I should be working on an assigned reading or paper for class. Also, when planning a trip, I don't necessarily have to plan according to the school year, during breaks and such! 

To continue the festivities for my graduation, my parents are throwing me a party at their house Saturday afternoon for my family and friends. I am very much looking forward to this and know it will be a great time, but I know what the big, enormous {in my opinion} question that will spark curiosity in everyone. I am working on ways to answer with a positive "get-go" answer full of confidence and assurance. All I know is that my response will be filled with hope, and hopefully my hopeful response will last the entire time my family and friends continue to ask me that question. 
I'm sure if you are reading this, you know what question I'm referring to...
"So... What's next, Sabrina?"
I've answered this question at two other periods in my life, this Saturday being the third. I had a plan. I had a goal to achieve at the end of my plan. 
While continuing to think of that clever response, your guess is going to be as good as mine as I attempt to answer what lies ahead in my future.  

No, no... don't think this is anything negative! I'm sure not! I think this is a very new thing that I've never experienced. I've known for the past 20 years what I will be doing, where I'll be and what goals I want to achieve up to this point. It's exciting, it's frustrating, it's scary and most of all, it's testing my patience. I can admit that unlike many people, my tolerance of patience is brief. I like to plan weeks and months in advance. I have had no choice this semester, but to plan one day at a time. It's been a hard lesson and reality check for me to learn, but I think I'm finally to a content stage... for now... almost like I'm on auto pilot. Things will happen as they should and all I have is hope

I've been applying for jobs near and far since August {won't get into any specifics} to continue my journey in life to see the world. Of course, my ideal graduation status would be expressing my excitement that I'm moving to a new location to start my next chapter and fulfill my dreams, but that's just not the case. 

If you will not be attending on Saturday, here is the gist of what my response will be...
"I'm not sure yet, but I know it will be something good. The sky is the limit!" 

Love.

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Sabrina! I'm very proud of you and hopeful that you will find a good fit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow. What an awesome post! I truly feel like I can TELL you're at a contentment stage. You exude happiness and confidence and the belief that everything is going as it's supposed to and everything is going to HAPPEN as it's supposed to. I love your hopeful outlook! It makes me very happy and VERY proud of you!! Congratulations on completing this last stage of education and congratulations on what is next to come!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts