"I'm Walking...Running on Sunshine & Time to Feel GOOD!"

Since the middle of last month, I've been on the run (physically and mentally)! As most people, my life has returned to craziness with a new job and evening classes, which makes for long, and sometimes stressful days. Finding my way to de-stress, I had to keep one thing that was beneficial to my health and body... exercise!


For those of you who know me well enough, you know that I made sure to keep myself at the gym (even though I didn't always look it..thanks food!) before I left for Africa. Once I returned, I had a little bit of a challenge becoming motivated to get back into shape since I went from a gym six days a week to nothing for five weeks.


Anyways, my Africa group had a reunion at our professor's house and the topic of running came into conversation! Since then, I found a running buddy, which is much more enjoyable than when I would run alone. The runs occur about three to four days week and most of the time put in 8 miles, sometimes more! I never thought I could find a pace to have the routine of running so far, but it does the body wonders, mentally and physically.


We've also not only continued running for the best of our body, but reasons for a good cause! To start out, the weekend of OU's first game (a victory, I might add) there was the Brookhaven Run. This was my second race and my friend's first and did great! 
(Photo Taken from Kye LeBoeuf)

 Kye and I after the race!
This Saturday morning, we are participating in the Oklahoma Diabetes 5k that will be routed through OU's campus. The goal is to beat time, 27 minutes and try to get 25. 
I have been thinking a lot lately about how I want my future to play out. I keep recollecting what I was like my last semester of my undergrad, just last this time last year. It was crazy, it was scary and full of unknowns. I had yet to find out if I were to be accepted into graduate school at OU and I really had no plan of what I would be doing after graduation that December. For the first time in my life, I didn't have a plan or an answer when I was asked by many "what's next?"
Traveling to Africa opened my mind, spirit and different perspective of the world. I have been so fortunate to live in Norman, Oklahoma for 24 years and had my immediate family just a mile away... (there's always a "but," so here it goes) BUT, there's so much more of the world to see and so many more opportunities to make a difference. I have ideas in mind (not yet to reveal) and am going to work on fulfilling my dreams during my spare time. Until then, my current job and school will be my motivators for my next chapter in life that I think about daily. "The sky is the limit" and with this, I'm going to go sky-high!

Love.

Comments

Popular Posts