Music, End of the semester and the fam!

Thank you to Quincee Taylor, I just fell in love with Rascal Flatts' new song I Won't Let Go! Looking back on the good ol' days, Quincee was actually the one who introduced me to Rascal Flatts when we were on our way to and from a bell/choir retreat! The first song she had me listen to was It's Not Just Me. Such a sweet song!

Here is a song of my own to suggest that I have been listening to quite often, Knees to the Earth by Watermark. This song is not new to my iTunes list, but it's a top favorite of mine of this genre. Mrs. Alison Goodnight is the first person who I heard sing this song way back when at McFarlin UMC's contemporary service and did some great thing to my ears, heart and mind. While I was a part of McFarlin's youth praise band, P.I.H.N., I attempted to sing it to the entire congregation for Youth Sunday. Lets just say, I didn't try to own up to Alison and Christy Nockels' amazing voice for this song.

Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, just like it does almost every year. But this one will be different. So far, this entire school semester has been nothing but staying crazy busy! (As many as you know) This Thanksgiving will be spent with my wonderful family fill with careless, stress-less and worry free, for several reasons. Today, it kind of hit me how fast the end of this semester is approaching and how much less work I'm having to do (since all the papers, quizzes and exams...besides finals...have already been completed). It's such an awesome feeling! This week, I will be submitting my last two research papers, finalizing my enrollment for grad school, hosting a campaign event along with three teammates, working out details about my graduation get-together and saying hello to a place that couldn't have come soon enough!!

As I enjoy this Thanksgiving, breathing the fresh, warm air and seeing some of the most beautiful, picture perfect scenery, I will be thinking and appreciating everything I have in life. Just like many of you, the fall is a very busy time of the year and it is too easy to lose appreciation and forget how lucky we are for the opportunities we have and the people in our lives. I know this is a very early post for Thanksgiving, but better sooner than never, right? :) Anyways, I am so thankful for my awesome group of friends and my loving family.
I cannot wait to be spending much needed time with my number one support fans in a lovely location!
*minus my mom who is taking the picture
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and I am very thankful to have YOU in my life :)
Love.


Comments

  1. hooray! so glad you started a blog...can't wait to read it all the time! Have fun on your cruise...i'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah! I've been blogging, just haven't posted any of them on Facebook until now, read on from past postings :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts